As an Award- winning Web Designer and Accomplished Internet Marketing Specialist, as well as experienced IT Professional (12 years experience). I spent years planning, developing and implementing successful e-business strategies for small businesses, non-profit organizations and entrepreneurs helping them to expand their market for their products and services globally. . Today, I am considered one of the premier players in the field of Information Technology & Internet Marketing. Five (5) years ago, I was introduced to network marketing or MLM (multi-level marketing); “Multi-leverage marketing” as I like to call it and it changed my outlook on life.
Network Marketing or Multi-level marketing (MLM), according to Wikipedia, is a marketing strategy in which the sales force is compensated not only for sales they personally generate (retail, commission of sales), but also for the sales of the other salespeople that they recruit. This recruited sales force is referred to as the participant’s [team] or traditionally, “downline”, and can provide multiple levels of compensation.
Other terms for MLM include network marketing, direct selling, referral marketing, and pyramid selling*.
Believe it or not, you already network every day! Whether it’s with friends over lunch, with coworkers in the office, or neighbors across the fence, as well as Facebook. We gladly talk about the things we “like”. This can include everything from the clothes we wear, the cars we drive, the movies we watch and the places we go and the foods we eat & drink.
It’s only natural to share something that appealed to or worked for you. Sharing is a natural tendency and we all know “PEOPLE Will Talk”. Network marketing gives you the opportunity to cash in on that sharing and many companies have exclusive products people are talking about. Many companies allow you to start your business for as little as $50 with various product packages starting less than $200 upon enrollment. IMAGINE THAT!! Starting a Business for less than $200.. Wow. It happens everyday in the world of Network Marketing. Whether you are trying to make extra monthly income to help with the car payment or you want to earn an extraordinary income, Network Marketing provides you with an opportunity to achieve your dreams based on your willingness to learn and your “sweat-equity”.
There are many reasons why Network Marketing is extremely attractive, especially compared to a traditional business or career:
- Minimal Risk. You can create a business and generate business without having to develop a product or create marketing/sales materials. You don’t have to store inventory. You don’t have shipping cost. You don’t have to figure out payroll or hire employees. Most Network Marketing Companies provide all of that for you.
- Extremely Low Start-Up Costs. While a traditional business may cost hundreds, even thousands of dollars to start, it will only cost you a few hundred dollars to start a network marketing/home business.
- Impressive Residual Income. As you build your business and organization, you are compensated for your growth through long-term, residual income that can be earned for years and years. And there are various other incentives you’ll be eligible for as you build your business. Add these all up, and this income can be life-changing.
- Flexibility. Whether you’re Father looking to add extra income or Mom who works a part-time job or work a normal “day job”, It doesn’t matter—it’s up to you how much time and effort you put into your network marketing business. And you decide when you work.
- Time Leveraging of Others. The efforts of your organization (downline) or team benefit you—the more you train and work with them, the more it benefits you as they succeed.
- Tax Benefits. Running a network marketing business can substantially lower your tax burden by allowing for various deductions, including office expenses, vehicle costs, business travel, insurance costs and many others.
- Top Business Leaders Embrace Network Marketing. Business icons such as Warren Buffett, Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump have endorsed network marketing as a viable and effective business model.
- Network Marketing Thrives in a Down Economy. Numerous business experts praise the potential of network marketing. And the industry is proven to grow even in depressed economies. As part of the Network marketing industry, you can enjoy growth and expansion while other industries flounder.
- Freedom of Choices. In Network marketing, you are your own boss. As a result of your efforts you are afforded more choices and control in your life.
Position YOURSELF at the front of one of the most unique and fastest-growing industries today: Network Marketing.
*Some MLM companies have been a the subject of criticism as well as the target of lawsuits. Criticism has focused on their similarity to illegal pyramid schemes, price fixing of products, high initial entry costs (for marketing kit and first products), emphasis on recruitment of others over actual sales, encouraging if not requiring members to purchase and use the company’s products, exploitation of personal relationships as both sales and recruiting targets, complex and sometimes exaggerated compensation schemes, the company making major money off its training events and materials, and cult-like techniques which some groups use to enhance their members’ enthusiasm and devotion.