Zig Ziglar was a renowned motivational speaker. Though he has now passed on… His training courses, tapes, and videos are still hugely successful today, and he has written many bestselling books. My first Ziglar book, “See You At The Top”, motivated me beyond years… It was here that I first learned that I needed to [Daily] get a “Check-up from the Neck Up” and eliminate “Stinkin Thinkin” and to eventually avoid “Hardening of the Attitudes”.
“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” ~ Zig Ziglar
Network Marketing For Dummies
From Network Marketing For Dummies by Zig Ziglar, John P. Hayes
If you’re thinking about joining a network marketing company, ask some key questions to find the out if the company meets your standards and fulfills your expectations, and look for sure signs the network marketing company is top-notch. To build trust and respect with your customers, and company — and to become a leader in the network marketing field — follow some basic rules for acting courteous and professional.
Questions to Ask Before Joining a Network Marketing Company
Asking the right questions can help you decide whether you want to become part of a network marketing company. Ask the following questions (before you invest your money) to get some information you need. If you like the answers, you may find a network marketing opportunity that’s right for you.
- Would the integrity of the company’s leadership inspire you to follow them?
- Is the company mission-driven or get-rich-quick motivated?
- Does the company’s corporate philosophy fit your personal philosophy?
- Does the company’s product sell at retail?
- Does the company have a proven and effective training program?
- Does the company’s product line include a reasonable number of consumables?
- Does the company depend on glitz, glitter, and hype to sell its opportunity, or will the company and opportunity survive a factual examination of the claims made at company-sponsored opportunity meetings?
- Would the company’s income and product claims pass muster with regulatory bodies, or do they sound too good to be true?
- Would the opportunity give you a real chance to make a positive difference in the lives of those you sponsor into the business?
- Does the company want to load you up with products that you must sell before you can recoup your investment?
- Does the company tell you in understandable terms what volume of activity you must maintain in order to receive the residual income from the organization you have built?
- Does the local Better Business Bureau have a file of unresolved claims against the company?
- Do you expect the company or your upline to bring people into your business or do your work for you?
- Are you totally convinced of the righteousness of your cause and of its value to those you will work with?
- Do you understand why it’s important to become a product of the product?
- If you succeed with this company, would you have more of the things money will buy and all the things money won’t buy?
Characteristics of a Top Network Marketing Company
If you’ve done the research and you’re interested in several network marketing opportunities, how do you decide which company is the right fit? Because you’re investing your time, money, and reputation, use this list of features and apply them to potential network marketing possibilities to make a solid decision.
- Integrity and honesty
- Full disclosure about the company’s ownership, financial strength, product development, and distributor relationships
- A mission statement along with ethics standards and values
- A simple, duplicatable marketing system that people from all orientations can follow with a reasonable expectation of success
- Products that have been tested for reliability and marketability
- A fair compensation plan that’s easy to understand and rewards both full-time and part-time distributors
- Support for the associates in the form of outstanding marketing materials, conference calls, and national meetings
- An experienced management team
- Training that teaches people what to do and how to do it so that they can become successful within a reasonable period of time
- Technology that makes it easy for distributors to recruit, train, sell products, and manage their organizations, and for retail customers to buy products
The Ten Commandments for Network Marketers
What does it take to be a top network marketer? The following standards demonstrate the qualities of leading network marketers and should be used as a guide for the profession:
- Thou shalt build your business on a character foundation and practice the Golden Rule as you build.
- Thou shalt not make unto anyone false perceptions of the income opportunity or the “miracles” your products will work on their health.
- Thou shalt not take the name of your company for granted or use it in vain, thereby becoming a product of the product.
- Thou shalt remember your workdays to keep them productive and the Sabbath to keep it holy.
- Thou shalt not kill the dreaming spirit of any new distributor and remember that you are responsible to those you sponsor, but not for them.
- Thou shalt not commit any impurity within your organization or company worldwide.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness concerning any part of the company’s growth, mission, or products.
- Thou shalt not covet thy crossline’s sales organization, nor steal the downline of another company.
- Thou shalt remember to keep God first, family second, and your company third in priority.
- Thou shalt honor thy upline and downline that thy days within the company may be long and enable you to build a substantial residual income.