Daily motivation is imperative if you desire to live life to the fullest. When it comes to success in business, a person needs to be able to achieve personal motivation. Personal motivation is what drives us to succeed in what ever we want to successful in. To be successful in anything, you need to have and maintain personal motivation.
Personal motivation enables you to develop a mindset that “I Can Accomplish Anything!” Personal motivation can be motivation to do just about anything. It can be motivation to lose weight, or to complete objectives at work, you’ve discovered your “Round-To-It”. Many people are motivated to stop doing things such as using drugs, drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.
So how do we gain personal motivation?
- The first thing we need to do is set goals for ourselves. These goals have to be realistic goals and they have to be a possible gain. We tend to set our goals too high and then fail. This is just a step backward in the personal motivation search. Set SMART GOALS– Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-based.
Here are 5 Keys of Personal Motivation:
- Another great strategy is to write up a contract between you and yourself and state the goals in it. Then sign and date the contract. You might even put a deadline for the goals to be met. It is just another way of pushing ourselves into doing something we want.
- We also need to set STAR objectives. STAR- Specific, Time-based, Attainable, Realistic. Similar to SMART Goals. The objectives are going to be what it will take to get us to our goals. Be specific with your objectives. It is a good idea to have your STAT objectives measure what and when the goals need to be done. For instance, an objective might be like this: I will lose 10 pounds in 1 months time, about 2 lbs a week; cut back on sugars and starches.
- The next phase to personal motivation is making a commitment to focus on your goals until they are achieved. Never look back… on past failures or success as far as that matter. Failure does nothing for your self-esteem. It will only set you back to dwell on the mistakes you have made in the past. And Success, though beneficial sometimes clouds our vision for a brighter future and can stunt our growth and progress. You can learn from both, but don’t keep looking back at them.
- Reward yourself when you achieve a goal. It is very important in staying motivated. We need a pat on the back for hard work and effort. Appreciation is a must, self appreciation is even more so. Remember, To be successful in anything, you need to have and maintain personal motivation. Personal motivation can be achieved if SMART goals and STAR objectives are set, a commitment is made to keep them and reward is a must when a goal is achieved. Stay Motivated!
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”~ Zig Ziglar, American author and motivational speaker