Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your images and video with friends and family. Take a picture or video, choose a filter to transform its look and feel, then post to Instagram — it’s that easy. You can even share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more. Explore how businesses are using Instagram through tips, brand spotlights, and What’s New from Instagram. It’s a new way to see the world.
Follow These 8 Guidelines for Doing Business @Instagram*:
- On Instagram, experiment to get more engagement. Balance Fun Images With Pictures From Your Business.
- Try to keep your descriptions between 100 and 200 characters. the optimum description length is between 100 and 200 characters, around the same character count as a Tweet. short captions and descriptions help increase engagement.
- Use hashtags when posting on Instagram. Use hashtags in the text accompanying a photo. Post that included hashtags had a far higher like-to-follower those that didn’t.
- Find a clever way to relate top-performing hashtags to your content. Like @twitter, hashtags on Instagram uses the hash (#) syymbol “#FollowForFollow,” “#LikeForLike,” “#F4F,” and “#L4L.” Hashtags increase relevance and SEO in post.
- Post images that appeal to everyone, strangers and friends alike. After all. this is for Business. Be Professional. You may want to consider establishing a business account on Instagram.
- Experiment with making images showing something people can aspire to do, be, or create. Images that inspire and motivate are great as well. words like “love,” “favorite,” and “like” that indicate a positive emotional attachment from the poster to the image posted. Words that indicate aspirational imagery, such as “home,” “DIY,” “inspiration,” and “recipes.” These words signify something that the poster wants to buy, do, emulate or create.
- Think about the DIY activities that your audience may be interested in. Words that are “tagged” the most, tend to get reposted or shared by others most often. Take the time to search for relevant or trending key words for you business or industry.
- When creating visual content, posting pics or sharing graphics, think about which action you’d rather stimulate: discussion or sharing. The key to success in social media is virality. Do they love it enough to share? That means there is a major difference (relationship marketing) between the “like” action and the share (repost) action. People are more likely to share content they love.
See Examples – Explore how businesses are using Instagram
Pro Tip: Posts with photos are the best! Take a photo of your work: a happy client, a finished product, or just you at work. Attract Customers, Build Relationships & Increase Sales. Develop an effective eBusiness Strategy.
Learn More about Instagram for Business: