Unless you are a public figure, a celebrity or a recent YouTube sensation, you probably won’t have thousands or hundreds of thousands of followers on Google+. So many people have not even made an attempt to create a Google+ profile (personal) or leverage the power of Google+ for their businesses and brands.
It’s Not About The Numbers!
This will be the Intro to Google+, or what I have referred to online as “The Matrix”. I was beginning to feel frustrated when I created my Google+ account but I remembered I felt the same way when I created my Twitter profile @FelixLGriffin. A year ago I had 50 Followers, now I have, as of this blog, almost 900. I like to say I earned them. Better yet, I engaged them. I created and shared great content, interacted with other users and I shared content that I was interested in and that my audience or those on Google+ would be interested in.
Honestly, forget about the numbers. If you are in it for the long run and passionate about what you do the engagement will happen, the followers will come, numbers will grow and you will be successful. I would rather have 10 people who find me interesting than 100 people who find me boring. I would rather have 5 people who follow me and interact with me than 100 people who’ve never interacted with me on Social Media. I have followers (10 or so) on Twitter who have almost 1 Million followers. I have followers on Google+ as well who have over 10,000 followers. It’s a good feeling; But Remember, It’s Not About The Numbers!
My approach to Social Media is the the Golden Rule – “Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them Do Unto You” and K.I.S.S. – “Keep It Simple & Share”. That being said: Let’s Get Started on Google+!
First step in getting started with Google+ is to create a profile.
- Introduce yourself – Say a little bit about who you are and what you’re into. Choose a profile photo, throw in some fun facts, and even add some bragging rights. Your Google+ profile helps friends and family recognize you across Google.
- Make a great first impression – Show the world a little about who you are and what makes you tick. Your Google+ profile helps you control how you appear within Google+ and all across Google. Learn More
Connect and Create Your Circles.
- Connect with friends and family – Add friends and family to Circles to see what they’re sharing. Circles help you share with just the people — whether you’re sending an inside joke to your family or sharing that unbelievable photo with everyone.
- Share – Google+ is about great conversations. When you find an interesting post, you can show your appreciation by adding a comment or +1. Or share something new, whether it’s a photo, a video, a link, or whatever else is on your mind.
- Engage with your interests – Some of the world’s most creative and inspiring minds are on Google+, posting their latest ideas, videos, and photos on the topics you’re into. Add your favorite musicians, writers, athletes and entertainers to see what they’re saying right now, or join Communities that match your passions.
Connect with Me – +Felix L. Griffin
- Photos – Share more beautiful moments via photos, slides or videos. Nothing is more shared or keep people more engaged than photos. Photos are a great way to engage your circles on Google+. Also, keep your photos safely backed up online, where they’re accessible from any device. Photos are automatically enhanced to look better than ever, and it’s easy to find highlights from your collection to share. Learn more
- Circles – Control who sees what you share. Easily manage whose updates you see and choose who you’d like to share with. You can broadcast to the world, or keep your conversations private. Learn More
Create and Build Your Communities. Connect with the right people. Talk about the stuff you’re into with people who love it too. Join public communities around shared interests, or create private communities to get together with just the right people. Learn More
Create Hangouts. Hangouts bring your conversations to life. Create a Hangout and bring your conversations to life with photos, emoji, and even group video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, Android and Apple devices. Learn More
Stay Connected via Google+ Mobile. Take Google+ with you on the go and stay connected with the Google+ (Google Plus) App. The Google+ app lets you stay connected and keep up with the conversation on the go. Automatically back up your pictures, video chat directly from your phone, talk about the stuff you’re into with Communities, create events, and much more, all from the palm of your hand.
Stay tuned for “Google+ Marketing for Business”…
FREE BONUS – Get “Crack The Social Code: Social Prospecting”
To Learn more about “Getting started on Google+” – http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/getstarted/guide.html
Google gets better with a Google+ profile – http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/better/
Google + Video Resources
Learn more about Google+ by watching the complete collection of how-to videos.